Serious Injury Protocol
In the event of a serious injury:
- Do not move the player!
- Notify the first aid person on duty as soon as possible. There will be someone on duty for all Northern Barbarians home games.
- If the first aider on duty thinks an ambulance needs to be phoned, do the following:
1. Call Triple Zero (000)
You can call Triple Zero (000), 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from any landline, pay phone, or mobile phone.
Calls to Triple Zero (000) are always free.
If using a pay phone, you do not need to use a coin.
If using a pre-paid mobile phone with no credit, you can still call Triple Zero (000) and you will be connected.
2. Ask for an Ambulance
When you call Triple Zero (000), a Telstra operator will ask which service you require – Police, Fire or Ambulance. In the event of a medical emergency, ask for AMBULANCE.
3. Answer the control centre officer’s questions
You will be connected to an ambulance control centre. The control centre officer will ask you a standard set of questions. Answering these questions helps us organise the most appropriate service as quickly as possible.
4. Keep calm and be clear
It is important to stay calm. Speak slowly and clearly.
5. Do not hang up. Stay on the line for more instructions
Once you have answered the control centre officer’s initial questions, an appropriate service will be organised.
7. In case of a serious injury (e.g., spinal injury), please contact the Registrar. The Registrar will then need to inform Sydney Junior Rugby of the incident.
Louise Reid – 0438024957